BSNL Union demand New Promotion Policy for non-executive employees
Phone : Off. 23353245, 23316656, 23315677
Resi. : 25706166 Fax : 011-23351877
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.nftechq.co.in
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF TELECOM EMPLOYEES
BSNL (Regn. No 4906 dated 17/9/2001)
MS-II, Q. No. 2i & 17, Atul Grove Road, New Delhi-110001
Shri Anupam Srivastava
CMD BSNL, New Delhi.
Subject:- New Promotion Policy for non-executive employees — reg.
We wish to invite your kind attention to our letter No.-TF-26/6, dt- 18th July, 2018 regarding new Promotion Policy for non-executives. If you remember, Sir, we met and explained the necessity for this. The demand has been made in the last National Council meeting also.
It is submitted that the NEPP was introduced in the year 2010 which was effective from 1st October, 2000. Ever since then changes have taken place. However, the policy of upgradation remains unchanged. Thousands of non-. executives have been recruited in the PSU. But the policy has not taken due care for the changes. A very large number of employees have retired also.
Apart from above a sizeable staff have undergone financial loss in the upgradations. A very different treatment has been extended to the Direct Recruits viz JEs, CGA appointees etc in upgradations. Whereas in EPP (Executive Promotion Policy) such distinction has not been made. The periodicity of upgradation and residency in NEPP and EPP are different despite the fact that both work under the same roof of the company.
Further, the union has made series of representations for alleviation of the sufferings of employees in NEPP but the grievances could not be resolved on one or the other pretext. Some of these are again reproduced for ready reference.
(1) The pay scale of JEs (earlier TTAs) was upgraded from NE-8 to NE-9 w.e.f. 01-10-2000 which has been treated as 1st upgradation in NEPP. Such treatment is not in EPP.
(2) The pay scale of Drivers was upgraded from 3050-4500 to 3200-4900 w.e.f. 28-01-2002 due to change in R/R. This is taken as 1st upgradation in NEPP.
(3) The Sr. TOAs in OTBP after 01-10-2004 and optees for NEPP have been downgraded from the scale of Rs. 7100-10100 to 6500-9325. Such provision and treatment of lowering of scale in upgradations is unthinkable and most surprising.
(4) The conversion of LDC TT to TOA was done in the year 2004 . This has been treated as 1st upgradation.
(5) Switching over form TOAs to Sr. TOAs Cadre has been treated as 1st upgradation.
(6) The TSMs regularized w.e.f. 01-10-2000 or thereafter are not being treated as DOT employees although they are absorbed in BSNL and Pos issued by DOT.
(7) Relaxation has not been extended to SIC SIT staff akin to OTBP/BCR scheme.
Therefore, keeping in view of the changed scenario and sufferings/hardships of staff we demand that the New Promotion Policy be evolved for non-executive similar to executives with reservation benefits to S/C S/T staff.
We are confident that the just and reasonable demand will get due consideration as non-executives deserve same treatment which executives are availing.
With esteemed regards,